Sunday, November 26, 2006

Scary Drivers

Drivers here can be a little crazy (like Chicago cabbie crazy). What's scarier than the way they drive is the way they park. Walking around, you notice cars parked where ever there is space. The sidewalks here are very wide, easily wide enough for a car to drive (and park) on, so you often see cars parked on the sidewalk directly outside a store's door (very convienient I guess!). Many of the sidewalks have small barriers or columns to try and prevent cars from entering, but they don't always seem to help. The other day, I was walking around the city when a car came barreling down the sidewalk right at me. I was ready to jump into a building when the car made a sudden turn, jumped the curb and drove away on the street. I guess that's one way to get around the barriers!


Yesterday Jeff and I found another way to get around the barriers. We left the hotel room for some ice cream next door and came across the following sight:






I guess if they are in your way, you just drive right through them! While the damage to the sidewalk is bad, we couldn't help but wonder what that car must look like!

0 comments: