Sunday, November 05, 2006

Jesus is Korean!

I went exploring on Sunday morning to see if I could check out some cool churches. We learned that Catholicism is one of the top three religions here, so I was thinking it would be cool to see a Korean Catholic Church. After about 15 minutes of walking, I came across a church that looked like it could be Catholic. I wasn't sure because absolutely everything was in Korean, but then I saw a bunch of nuns and figured this had to be the place. I didn't go inside because mass was just getting out, but I took some cool pictures of the outside.





As you can see, this was a beautiful church, but the coolest thing is that Jesus, and all of the characters in the windows, are depicted as Korean. I've always grown up with the Western/Eurpoean image of Jesus, so it was really cool to see a very different Eastern perception. I've had some other cool observations about Korean culture, so more blogs to come soon!

0 comments: